All good things must come to an end, and the same thing can be said about our #vendretailsuccess competition. While we had a blast running the contest and we absolutely loved getting your retail success tips, the time has come to close the competition.
The good news is though, it’s now time to announce the winner!
Congratulations, Tyson Pfeiffer at Poolside Gawler for sharing the following:
“80% of your company’s profits come from 20% of your customers, they appreciate you…. Be sure to return the favour! #vendretailsuccess”
Thank you Tyler for that awesome tip. Be sure to keep an eye out, because you will soon receive:
- A Vend Standard POS Bundle, which includes a cash drawer, receipt printer, barcode scanner kit, 30 minutes of free remote services, and more ($800 value)
- An exclusive spot in our Vender of the Week series
- Vend goodies
Check out tips from our runners-up
In addition to Poolside Gawler, the following retailers also shared some great #vendretailsuccesstips:
- The Crowded Lounge – I have become increasingly aware that is is very important to be alert to what clients THINK as they enter my store, but equally important to know how they FEEL as they leave. What happens in between the Think and Feel is my responsibility.
- Ben Glass Furniture – There’s no better sales man for your product than yourself.
- BIY Homebrew Supply – Be fair. In a cut throat business like we are in, you must certainly be humble and courteous to your customers, but at the same rate you cannot let them walk all over you. You must be fair to your customers AND your business!
- 8-bit Onsite Services – 1. Be on time. 2. Follow up call. 3. Take notes. 4. See complaints as opportunities.
If you see your business in the list above, you’ll hear from us very soon and you will receive a cool Vend bag containing a copy of the book Retail Survival of the Fittest–a practical guide for future-proofing your store, as well as goodies like t-shirts, screen wipes, coffee cups, and our famous Awesome Sauce (now with 10x more awesome!).
And that wraps up our #vendretailsuccess competition!
Thank you to everyone who participated, and we hope you can put these tips into good use!
To your retail success,
The Vend Team
About Francesca Nicasio
Francesca Nicasio is Vend's Retail Expert and Content Strategist. She writes about trends, tips, and other cool things that enable retailers to increase sales, serve customers better, and be more awesome overall. She's also the author of Retail Survival of the Fittest, a free eBook to help retailers future-proof their stores. Connect with her on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Google+.