This is a guest post by Vend certified partner, Kara Haas CPA. Say hello to Kara over at her website, http://deductme.com.
Looking for ways to reward loyalty and retain customers?
Recently, I observed different ways that users are maximizing the flexibility of Vend to deliver and track discounts.
Global Discount on a Receipt
- Ring up sales, select discount button and apply a percentage off to the entire sale.
Discount Select Items on a Receipt
- Ring up items that are to be discounted, select discount, apply discount percentage (must be uniform), continue ringing up full price items and complete sale.
- Program an item as a quick key to offer a dollar amount discount by using a negative amount in the supply and retail prices.
- Use Customer Groups and Price Books to schedule special holiday sales or to reward a particular group.
Assign Points for Purchase
- I saw this idea in the forum and really like it. Create a zero cost/sale item and “sell” the number of points the customer earns on the purchase.
Care to share? How are you rewarding customers?
About Nick Houldsworth
Chief Marketing Officer at Vend. Husband. Father of three. Beard grower. Mandolin player. Tuesday drinker. Love helping retailers the world over grow great businesses.