Melanie Power of Power Finance always strives to provide her clients with the best business solutions. She added Vend to her “tool box” in early 2012. Melanie loves the product and has had great success sharing that love with her clients. We asked Melanie to tell us a little bit about how she operates.
Article by Melanie Shortland, of Power Finance
Power Finance is a boutique firm that specializes in providing efficient, professional and attentive consultation to the small business sector. Every solution we provide is customized for each client.
Vend has FANTASTIC marketing material. I try to use this as much as possible on Social Media platforms, demonstrations with clients and speaking engagements. It’s a great ice-breaker and creates a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
My favourite is the “Death Of A Cash Register.” I have had clients’ kids interacting with the video, saying “Does it really talk?” It creates a lot of interest!
My “best practices” for introducing clients to Vend:
Know your customer
- Tailor services to suit differing needs. I always recommend the iPad set-up for cafes and bars, mobile shops and sales reps. It’s easy and convenient.
- Wherever you can, bundle the hardware and installation. Your clients have enough to think about.
Learn about Vend
- Create a good demo account and take an iPad to demonstrations so the client can “play” with the product and experience it there and then. I did a recent presentation involving kids playing “Shops.” This was GREAT!
- Test the product in your own environment – have some fun with it – so that when you do a demo you are confident with what Vend can do.
- Take advantage of the training videos and Knowledgebase – get your clients familiar with it as well as your staff. This can save you a lot of time and headaches. Clients can look at these whenever they want – and this will save on the volume of support tickets!
Love your customer, love your POS
- Promote and talk about Vend. The more you “brand” your own business with the product the more people start thinking “Oh – there are the POS-Vend people”.
- Most of all – SERVICE. This is the basis of all good business. Look after the client, hold their hand for a while, it doesn’t take long for them to get the hang of things.
An entrepreneur in her own right, Melanie Power has a unique understanding of the pressures and challenges small business owners face in their day-to-day operations. Melanie’s passion is to assist her clients in achieving solid, organised and efficient operations that enable them to have a finger on the pulse of their businesses.
Would you like to contribute to the Vend blog? Please email email@example.com ^Tara
About Tara Benedict
A former retailer (and unabashed nerd) who daydreamed about integrated POS software, Tara now delightedly recruits, promotes, and enables Vend's wonderful channel of add-ons and partners. An ardent sharer of Vend news and events, connect with Tara on Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+ and never miss an opportunity to meet up with the affable Vend team.