Maintaining and managing an accurate inventory is one of the biggest challenges in retail, but it’s vital for achieving retail success. Keeping track of your physical stock levels is important for spotting areas that can be improved, stock movement errors, and reducing the risk of shrinkage. That’s why we’re excited to announce the launch of our improved Inventory Counts feature!
Inventory counts have never been simpler or faster. We’ve taken feedback from our amazing retailers, and used it to design a tool built from the ground up to help you do counts quickly, effectively manage your inventory reporting, and provide you with the information you need to run a successful retail business.
Here are some of the things we think you’ll like about Vend’s Inventory Counts feature:
- Partial Inventory Counts: Break stock takes into smaller, more manageable chunks with partial Inventory Counts. This means retailers don’t need to shut down their entire store when doing a stocktake, instead they can take count of one style, tag, supplier, or brand at a time.
- Concurrent stocktakes: Many hands make for lighter work – use multiple devices to count stock faster.
- Quick Scan Mode: Count inventory quickly using a barcode scanner or by looking up SKUs.
- Count Feed: Never lose count again with the Count Feed which shows your most recently counted items. Accidentally scanned something in twice? Just cross it out on the Count Feed and it’ll update your overall total.
- CSV & PDF Reports: Get the reports and information you need in exportable CSV or PDF files. The CSV exports have been improved so all the important information is in one handy file, and the PDF includes Gain and Loss totals, for a more granular view of your stock take results.
- Recount and Review: Pause your inventory count at any time, and easily see when your numbers don’t add up with our expected vs total count. Fix mistakes easily, and recount stock quickly with the click of a button.
- Autosave: Thanks to the power of the cloud, your progress is always saved. You can stop or start inventory counts when you need, and pick up from where you left off.
- Scheduling: You can schedule your Inventory Counts in advanced so you’re always on top of your stock.
- Inventory Counts is built right into Vend, and is available on all our plans!
This is just the beginning. We’re completely re-imagining Vend and adding new features to make it even better for retailers, including faster checkout, smarter inventory & powerful insights – in-store, online and on-the-go. Find out more about New Vend here!
See improved Inventory Counts in action
Check out the new, improved Inventory Counts feature for yourself in your Vend Dashboard (Products > Stock Control > Stock-Take). Or take a look at the video below for more info.
We want to make the transition to the new Inventory Counts as smooth as possible which is why any open count created before March 10th will still be accessible. You’ll be able to complete those counts using the previous Stocktake feature until April 10th, after which any uncompleted stocktakes will be deleted and inaccessible.
For more detailed instructions for using Inventory Counts in Vend, check out our Help Center article here.
Check out our blog to see why Inventory Counts are so important for running successful retail here.
About Lorilynn McCorrister
Lorilynn is Vend’s Community Manager and resident music buff. Before joining Vend, Lorilynn worked in the music industry as a social media and artist manager. She loves writing, traveling, checking out live music, and, of course, communicating with Vend’s awesome group of retailers, partners and friends. You can get in touch with Lorilynn on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.