Today, we’re releasing a new feature which we think our retailers will really love: tax by outlet!
Tax by outlet lets you to set different tax rates for each of your outlets. Once you’ve set an outlet tax rate, it will automatically apply to all sales in that store, including special pricing managed through price books.
We think this is an important feature for our retailers, especially those who have stores in multiple cities or counties, with different tax rates in each. It’s also a must have for retailers whose business is succeeding and growing beyond where they first started, which is at the heart of Vend’s mission to help store owners achieve retail success.
We’ll be improving and refining tax by outlet over the next few weeks, making it even better for Vend retailers. As always, if you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to contact our awesome Support team.
What do you need to do now?
- Existing retailers will now be able to add more outlets for stores in other states / counties / tax zones.
- If you’re a retailer who only sells in one store, or whose stores use the same tax rates, you don’t need to do anything.
- If you’re a Xero user, you may have noticed a message about updating Xero tax mappings. You’ll need to check your Xero settings and ensure that the tax rates for your store are all correctly matched to Xero.
- If you’ve previously arranged with our Sales team to manage different tax rates across multiple outlets, please get in touch with us.
For more information on tax by outlet and how to set it up for your store, check out these articles:
- Setting up taxes in a tax-exclusive store
- How do I apply a tax rate to an individual product in my tax-exclusive store
- Setting up the Xero integration
- Replacing an obsolete tax rate
- Adding a new product
- Importing products into Vend
About Vaughan Fergusson
Vaughan is the Founder of Vend. An entrepreneur and technologist, Vaughan's goal is to make retailers' lives easier. When he's not leading the team, Vaughan is working on his charitable foundation and raising his kids.