We’re thrilled to unveil Vend’s Remarkable Retailers roundup for 2019! This is a collection of fourteen stories about forward-thinking retailers in the UK who are doing extraordinary things in the areas of sustainability, experience, technology, and product.
At Vend, we know that the best way to get inspired is to see other thriving merchants and discover exactly what they’re doing in their businesses. Remarkable Retailers 2019 does just that. If you ever wanted to get an inside look into successful retail operations, be sure to check it out.
How Remarkable Retailers came about
A panel of Vend retail experts hand-picked 14 groundbreaking retailers from a list of thousands. We connected with several independent stores and asked them what innovation means to them.
We rounded up the best and most meaningful insights into a compilation of retail stories.
Who are these Remarkable Retailers?
We encourage you to check out the Remarkable Retailers page to meet these amazing merchants. But to give a quick look, here are the retailers that you’ll encounter:
- Watershed, an independent brand and concept store whose business is rooted in storytelling and thoughtful product curation. Even more interesting is that Watershed crafts custom surfboards, and runs “Surf Shack” — an accommodation experience for surfers.
- The Edit, a retailer with 4 fashion boutiques in Cheshire. The Edit’s award-winning store design helps them create comfortable and memorable in-store experiences. Their changing rooms, for instance, are extra large so mums can bring in their kids and baby strollers.
- Soden Style, an interior concept store that runs trend-driven seasonal pop-ups that are open for a limited time.
- Cositas, a home and gift store that has a shoppable 3-D virtual tour of their store. Cositas also conducts workshops to continuously drive in-store traffic.
- We Built This City, a hugely popular brick-and-mortar store that showcases London-inspired goods from artists, designers, and makers living and working in the city. WBTC also creates strong retail experiences by letting artists work live in the store, so guests can see them in action. What’s more, WBTC allows artists to customise their storefront and window display to showcase their work.
- Isle Skye Candle Co, a candle shop that’s driven by sustainable business practices. Founded in 2006, they have had a conscious commitment to the use of natural ingredients and finding new ways to be environmentally friendly.
- Papersmiths, a design-led stationery and paper goods brand that implements data-driven product assortments.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg! Head on over to www.vendhq.com/remarkable-retailers to learn more about these stores. You can also grab a free copy of the 2019 Remarkable Retailers PDF so you can access their stories anytime!
About Francesca Nicasio
Francesca Nicasio is Vend's Retail Expert and Content Strategist. She writes about trends, tips, and other cool things that enable retailers to increase sales, serve customers better, and be more awesome overall. She's also the author of Retail Survival of the Fittest, a free eBook to help retailers future-proof their stores. Connect with her on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Google+.