Digital technology has forever changed traditional business models. For profitable growth, you don’t create digital strategies anymore; you need to build a business strategy for the digital age. Making their Auckland debut this October, the Online Retailers Roadshow is Australasia’s largest e-commerce, digital marketing and technology event that showcases the latest and greatest within the retail industry.
As we watch international brands expanding into New Zealand and our shopping/buying behaviour continuing to move towards online and overseas, this event has certainly landed on our laps at a timely hour.
What’s on the Agenda?
The event will showcase how multi-channel and pureplay retailers have embraced the digital transformation and taken full advantage of its power. It’s a packed one day schedule with keynote speakers, panel discussions, roundtable sessions plus time for a cup of coffee and bite to eat. Whew! There’ll also be a niche exhibitor area, including (naturally) a few friendly Venders demoing our awesome software.
We’ve summarised the splendid line-up of talented thought leaders that includes our founder and doer-of-impossible-things, Vaughan Rowsell.
- Mark Johnston: CEO of Retail New Zealand
- Tony Nash: CEO of Booktopia
- Julie Mathers: Head of Online for Masters Home Improvement
- Sali StevanJa: Co-Founder of Style Runner
- Nick Molnar: Founder and Managing Director (AU & NZ) of Iceonline
- Sarah Timmerman: Owner and Director of Beginning Boutique
- Cate Bryant: Executive Director of Ecommerce NZ
- Robert Coleman: CTO & COO, Off The Back
Join Vaughan between 4.30 – 5.00pm, for the Panel Discussion: Keep Up In A Very Competitive World. Evolve or Miss the Boat! Be part of an open discussion that will dive deep into how retailers within New Zealand need to keep innovating to build a sustainable future for their businesses.
Vaughan will also be chairing the Roundtable Discussion: ‘The Future of Mobile Retail.’ There will be space for about 10 delegates to sit in on this casual session. Just mind the elbows.
Areas that will be covered:
The program has been carefully put together to ensure that you’ll walk away thinking, living and breathing digital. Download the agenda in advance and check out our summary on the key areas that will be covered:
- Relaunch a website to respond to new consumer needs
- Build shopper confidence in your website and drive conversion
- Respond to mobile customers and create the best user experiences
- Offer personalised messages to attract and engage customers
- Leverage data and analytics to get insights into your customers’ behaviours
- Produce content to promote your brand
- Take advantage of the power of online to expand globally
- Match the online and offline world to offer seamless experiences
And it’s affordable.
If you’re yet to register, we have an exclusive discounted rate of 30% off your ticket. Simply register and enter coupon code RTL30VD to take advantage of this great offer.
What: Online Retailer Roadshow
When: Wednesday 29 October, 9am – 7pm (presentations wrap up at 5pm before networking drinks kick off)
Where: Viaduct Events Centre, 161 Halsey Street Viaduct Basin, Auckland 1010 (map)
Who should attend? Business Owners, Partners, Managers, Directors and Entrepreneurs
If you have any questions or would like to book a time to chat with the Vend team during this event, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Cath Carlsen
Cath is Vend's Events and Sponsorship manager, and also our resident adventurer. Before joining Vend, Cath lived a sea worthy life on Super Yachts traveling the world and avoiding sea sickness. After retiring from the high seas she went back into the advertising game. She's a passionate party planner, surfer and loves to give plenty of banter. You can connect with Cath on Twitter, LinkedIn, or Google +.