As the year comes to an end, it’s always a good idea to look at highlights of the past 12 months. As a retailer, this could mean thinking back to your best customers, most memorable in-store events, and top-performing products.
Over here at the Vend blog, we like to reflect on the year by identifying some of the most visited posts that we published. Doing so helps figure out which topics resonate most with retailers such as yourself, so we can keep providing you with amazing content.
And as a reader, having a roundup of Vend’s top posts lets you dive into some top-rated content that you can view and hopefully take action on in the coming year.
So without further ado, here are Vend’s top 10 posts of 2018.
We hope you get a ton of value out of them. And if there’s a particular article that you’d like us to write, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
1. 7 Examples of Good Customer Service in Retail (and How to Apply Them to Your Stores) – Excellent customer service is one of the pillars of retail success, which is why it’s something that you and your staff should invest in. But what exactly does good customer service look like? Well, if you’re pondering on this question, this article provides 7 real-life examples of amazing customer service in retail.
2. How to Greet Customers in Retail: 20+ Examples to Try in Your Store – First impressions can last, so if you fail to impress your customers during the first few seconds, you could literally lose a sale. Prevent that by coming up with unique and compelling ways to welcome people into your shop. This post helps you do just that by offering tips and examples of customer greetings in retail.
3. Retail Metrics: 14 Essential KPIs for Tracking Your Business’ Performance – Your key performance indicators (KPIs) can tell you exactly how your store is doing, so you can figure out how to improve. In this article, we talk about the specific metrics you should be tracking and what they mean for your business.
4. 12 Examples of Retail Stores That Will Inspire You to Run Your Business Better – Need some real inspiration? Right this way. For this article, we’ve put together retail success stories from various industries (i.e., fashion, homeware, sports, F&B, and electronics). We take a closer look at what makes each store successful, so you can pick up some pointers on how to run your store.
5. 6 Retail Marketing Strategies to Help You Get New Customers – If you’re looking for more ways to spread about your business and keep people engaged, then you will love this post. We’ve compiled a handful of retail marketing tactics that you’d want to try in your store. Check them out!
6. 32 Small Business Ideas for Your Retail Store – If you’re an aspiring retailer or an existing merchant looking for new business ideas, give this article a read. In it we dive into 32 small business ideas in the retail space, ranging from high-level concepts to get you thinking to specific niches you might want to explore.
7. 7 Types of Retail Experiences That Keep Customers Coming Back – As we said in our latest retail trends report, retailers that offer compelling in-store experiences will flourish. It’s more important than ever to offer retail experiences that shoppers won’t find anywhere else. And if you’re unsure of how to do that, then the real-life examples in this post can get your creative juices flowing.
8. 10 Ways to Increase Conversions in Your Retail Store – Do you get a lot of customers who walk into your store without buying anything? If so, you may want to look into increasing your conversion rate. There are several ways you can do this, and we’ve compiled some of the best ones in this article.
9. 11 Retail Skills Every Sales Associate Should Have (and How to Develop Them) – Hiring new retail associates? Read this article to get insights into the top 11 skills that you must hire for. The post also discusses how you can develop those skills in your employees and take their performance to the next level.
10. 5 Retail Technology Trends Making Waves in 2018 – As the headline suggests, this post is all about retail tech. We’ve put the spotlight on retail technology trends that are making their way into stores, ecommerce sites, and consumer’s homes. Our objective isn’t to hype up technology or convince you to adopt them all in your business. But you do want to keep them in your radar and determine if they’re worth investing in.
Vend’s is back with our annual retail trends and predictions report — a collection of our top 12 forecasts for 2019.
This report sheds light on the trends and issues that’ll make (or continue to make) waves in the retail industry. It’s also packed with actionable pointers and examples so you can effectively implement these insights in your business.
To make this year’s report even more valuable, we’ve sprinkled in commentaries and forecasts from the industry’s top experts, analysts, and influencers.
Check it out!Learn More
About Francesca Nicasio
Francesca Nicasio is Vend's Retail Expert and Content Strategist. She writes about trends, tips, and other cool things that enable retailers to increase sales, serve customers better, and be more awesome overall. She's also the author of Retail Survival of the Fittest, a free eBook to help retailers future-proof their stores. Connect with her on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Google+.