If you’re looking for some highly insightful and educational content to consume before the year ends, this list is for you.
As 2017 comes to a close, we figured it would be a great time to look back at the past 12 months and compile Vend’s most-read posts for this year. Check out the roundup below. In it you’ll find articles on key retail topics, including inventory management, sales, retail marketing, and brick-and-mortar store management.
1. 7 Proven Ways to Drive Foot Traffic to Your Retail Store – There are plenty of things you can do to increase store traffic. In this post, we’ll share some tried-and-tested tips on how you can get more people walking through your doors.
2. 10 Practical Tips to Make Physical Inventory Counts a Whole Lot Easier – Conducting a physical inventory count is a tedious task, but with the approach you can get the job done without wasting too much time and effort. In this post, we outline some practical action steps you and your staff can implement to take the pain out of physical stock counts.
3. 15 Types of Posts That Do Extremely Well on Instagram – The numbers around Instagram are staggering: 800 million monthly active users, 500 million daily actives, and billions of likes per day. Consumers are actively using Instagram, so if you’re on this social network, you could be missing out. Prevent that by upping your Instagram game. Here are 15 types of posts to get you going.
4. Liquidating Surplus Inventory: 7 Smart Ways to Get Rid of Excess Stock – Having surplus stock can be headache, but it doesn’t have to be. If you take the right steps, you could turn excess stock into sales opportunities (or at the very least, get some tax incentives out of them). Read this post to learn more.
5. 5 Ways to Create In-Store Experiences That Drive Traffic and Sales – Competition in the retail industry is heating up. Between ecommerce sites and subscription services, consumers have plenty of choices when it comes to where they spend their time and money. To stay on top, you need to give them compelling reasons to come down to your store and shop. Here’s how to do just that.
6. 5 Subtle Signs That Your Retail Store Is in Trouble (and What to Do About Them) – Signs that your retail business is in trouble don’t always manifest in big, obvious ways. Sometimes, these problems start small (or look small) that you really pay attention to them. Big mistake. Missing the subtle trouble signs in retail can spell disaster, so you should always be on your toes. In this post, we share 5 examples of these subtle signs that your store is in trouble. Keep an eye for them.
7. A Step-by-Step Guide to Hosting In-Store Events That Generate Foot Traffic, Loyalty, and Sales – Events can drive traffic and awareness to your store, so if you’re planning to host one in your shop, this post is for you. We’ve put together some handy tips from retailers and industry experts to help you pull off a winning in-store event. Check it out!
8. Retail Loss Prevention: 7 Powerful Tools & Technologies to Help You Reduce Shrinkage – Theft can eat up significant profits. That’s why it’s critical that you invest in security and loss prevention in your store. If you’re not sure where to start, check out this article. We’ve compiled a list of some the tools and technologies you can use to beef up security, prevent loss, and lower shrinkage.
9. 5 Brick and Mortar Stores That Prove Physical Retail Isn’t Dead – The death of physical retail is highly exaggerated. And to prove it, here are 5 brick-and-mortar retailers that are thriving in this day and age. Not only do they demonstrate the fact that physical shops are alive and well, but they’re great sources of inspiration and ideas of what you can do to engage today’s consumers.
10. How to Upsell and Cross-Sell in Retail: 6 Pointers to Implement in your Store – Upselling and cross-selling enables you to increase basket size and (when done right) boost customer happiness. In this post, we share several tips and examples that you can use in your upselling and cross-selling efforts.
About Francesca Nicasio
Francesca Nicasio is Vend's Retail Expert and Content Strategist. She writes about trends, tips, and other cool things that enable retailers to increase sales, serve customers better, and be more awesome overall. She's also the author of Retail Survival of the Fittest, a free eBook to help retailers future-proof their stores. Connect with her on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Google+.