We’re back with our roundup of awesome posts for retailers. This week, we have an article on enhancing the in-store experience, a video that answers that famous question “Is brick-and-mortar dead?”, a guide on disaster planning, and more.
Read (and watch) away!
1. Brand Storytelling: How to Bring Your Brand to Life In-Store – How can you make the in-store experience way more compelling? Tell stories with your graphics, props, and products, writes Sue Fabian of umbrellabrand. In this post, she not only shares her thoughts on why retailers should tell stories, but she also gives real-life examples of merchants that are executing the practice well, so you can have a better idea of how to do it in your store.
2. Innoviews on Retail – Laurie Miller – Is brick-and-mortar dead? If you’re asking yourself this question, watch the video to get Laurie Miller’s (formerly of JC Penney, Nike, Apple and Disney) views on the topic. At the 1:05 mark she talks about what retailers must do to keep up with consumers, and at 1:40 she starts discussing mistakes the most retailers make, as well as which types of stores might not make it in this modern age. Be sure to stick around to the 2:38 mark, when she talks about the role of offline and online channels and how they complement each other.
3. Embracing showrooming – Believe it or not, showrooming can actually work for, instead of against you. This post introduces you to a number of retailers that are using showrooming to their advantage. From a store that rewards shoppers for experiencing products (rather than buying them) to a shop that’s constantly reinventing itself, we hope this post gives you ideas of what showrooming tactics to implement in your store. And if you’re looking for more tips on this topic, be sure to check out our previous post, 8 Surefire ways retailers can beat showrooming.
4. Three Reasons Why Loyalty Programs Fail (And How To Avoid Them) – In this blog post, Jenna Elkins at TechnologyAdvice talks about the top three reasons why loyalty programs fail–and what retailers must to do avoid them. Check out the piece of you’re planning on implementing a rewards program. And if you already have loyalty initiatives in place but aren’t seeing results, re-evaluate your program and see if you’re committing any of these mistakes.
5. 6 Tips for Creating Your Business’s Disaster Plan – We don’t want to go all doom and gloom here, but do you have a disaster plan in place? If not, this post is a must-read. The reality is, an unexpected disaster can uproot your business (literally and figuratively) if you’re not prepared. That’s why you need to take the steps to protect your business and minimize losses in an event of a disaster. If you’re not sure how to go about this process, start by reading this post to get the basics of planning for the worst.
About Francesca Nicasio
Francesca Nicasio is Vend's Retail Expert and Content Strategist. She writes about trends, tips, and other cool things that enable retailers to increase sales, serve customers better, and be more awesome overall. She's also the author of Retail Survival of the Fittest, a free eBook to help retailers future-proof their stores. Connect with her on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Google+.