Want to learn how to send retail newsletters like a boss? Looking for more ways to create a compelling in-store experience? The second installment of our This Week in Retail series has all that and more. Below are our top picks for the most newsworthy and informative articles in the retail industry:
1. Sears and RadioShack: A tale of two decaying cities – In this interesting piece, Forbes contributor Paula Rosenblum (who happens to be one of our major retail influencers) shares her thoughts on RadioShack’s decision to close 1,100 stores. She also provides insights on Sears (another struggling retailer) and what it can do to get back on track. Check out her advice and see if you can apply them in your business.
2. Are retailers missing opportunities to connect via e-mail? – Are your subscribers engaging with you via email or are they hitting the “Unsubscribe” button? If it’s the latter, then you’re going to want to see this. Tom Raspas puts the spotlight on six retailer emails and shares why he decided to either unsubscribe or stay on their lists. It’s an excellent post that offers some DOs and DON’Ts when it comes to sending newsletters.
3. Ambience for the five senses – You make a lot of effort to ensure your store looks pretty and easy on the eyes, but are you doing anything to appeal to shopper’s other 4 senses? This article is chock-full of tips and examples on how retailers can create a store ambiance that appeals to each shopper’s sense of sight, touch, sound, smell, and taste.
4. Six ways retailers can increase their conversion rates – So you’ve successfully attracted people into your store–now it’s time to seal the deal and get them to buy your products. In this post, Bob Phibbs of the Retail Doctor shares six bite-sized videos about what you can do to convert more shoppers.
5. Retail on the streets – We’re capping off this week’s list with a quick video about what regular consumers think about retail. The National Retail Federation hit the streets of New York and interviewed a bunch of people on what they thought about the industry. Check it out–it might give you some insights…a few laughs!
Did we miss anything? Got any juicy or newsworthy retail articles? Let us know in the comments!
About Francesca Nicasio
Francesca Nicasio is Vend's Retail Expert and Content Strategist. She writes about trends, tips, and other cool things that enable retailers to increase sales, serve customers better, and be more awesome overall. She's also the author of Retail Survival of the Fittest, a free eBook to help retailers future-proof their stores. Connect with her on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Google+.