Hey there, and thanks for checking out our latest issue of This Week in Retail! Today, we have an article on small biz survival, a slideshow on the expectations of modern (and future) consumers, an infographic that maps out the shopping journey, and more.
1. Research: Consumers want more, expect more – Did you know that 90% of consumers these days want real-time customer service? Or that 53% expect brands to learn their tastes and make suggestions? These are just some of the interesting findings of a new study by The Webby Awards, titled At Your Service. The study focuses on the demands and expectations of consumers today and in the future, as well as what companies must do to keep up.
2. Don’t be clueless about the path to purchase – Think the movie Clueless can’t teach you anything about omnichannel retailing? Well, as Cher Horowitz would say, “As if!” Check out this infographic by Kenshoo, which details a modern consumer’s path to purchase. Follow Cher as she moves from one channel to the next as she hunts for the perfect jacket. It’s an interesting look at the shopping journey, and you’re bound to pick up some insights on search, social, and mobile along the way.
3. What small retailers need to do to survive – Vend boss Vaughan Rowsell shares his thoughts on what retailers (particularly new ones) should do to run a successful store. He offers real, down-to-earth advice and covers key areas, including financing, online and offline storefronts, accounting, software, and customer happiness. Check it out and see how you can put his tips into action.
4. Marcus Lemonis’s top 10 tips for businesses this holiday season – Marcus Lemonis, businessperson and host of CNBC’s The Profit, shares his top 10 small biz-centric tips for the holiday season. He offers advice on handling Black Friday (spoiler alert: slashing prices is not the answer), staffing for the season, collecting data, and more.
5. Branding 101: The small-business guide to building a killer brand identity – In this post, Lou Imbriano shares a step-by-step guide on establishing and strengthening your brand. From knowing what your brand really stands for to getting your employees in on the fun to encouraging your customers to amplify your brand, his article is sure to give you insights that you can use in your business.
About Francesca Nicasio
Francesca Nicasio is Vend's Retail Expert and Content Strategist. She writes about trends, tips, and other cool things that enable retailers to increase sales, serve customers better, and be more awesome overall. She's also the author of Retail Survival of the Fittest, a free eBook to help retailers future-proof their stores. Connect with her on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Google+.