Hey Venders, and welcome to our latest retail roundup! As usual, we have some awesome content in store for you today, including an infographic on small businesses, an article on increasing sales this Valentine’s Day, a post on personalizing the ecommerce experience, and more.
1. Why small local businesses continue to survive and thrive [INFOGRAPHIC] – Small biz owners, 2015 will be your year. Recent data has shown that small businesses will continue to survive and thrive in the United States. There are currently 23 million small businesses in the US, accounting for 54% of all sales in the country. Additionally, they have created 64% more jobs in the last 15 years and they make up over 99% of all companies. Learn more about these awesome stats and get insights on how you can thrive with this neat infographic by When I Work.
2. Retail rap: You win some, you lose some – Who were the retail winners and losers during the last holiday season? This article answers that all-important question and offers insights into which brands did well and which retailers aren’t likely to make it. It’s a good read and provides great information on the state of the retail industry and where it might be heading.
3. How to prepare for the future of shopping – “To succeed in today’s dynamic industry, retailers need to offer a seamless shopping experience that never loses sight of customer needs, both in-store and online,” writes Russ Reynolds, CEO of Batteries Plus Bulbs. In this post, Russ shares exactly what his company is doing to keep up with customers. He talks about where they’re investing, how they’re positioning their business, and more. Check it out and learn about how this merchant is killing it in modern retailing.
4. How to maximize online sales this Valentine’s Day – Valentine’s Day is just a few short weeks away, so if you haven’t done so yet, you need to start planning on how you can take advantage of the upcoming celebration. This article by Satya Ganni talks about five things retailers can do to improve their sales on Valentine’s Day. Read the post and see if you can put any of its tips into action in your own store.
5. Five e-commerce revenue leaks you need to plug – Attention online merchants: If you’re not implementing personalization on your site, then chances are you’re missing out on a ton of revenue opportunities. This piece sheds light on five of those opportunities and talks about how you can make the most of them. Check it out!
About Francesca Nicasio
Francesca Nicasio is Vend's Retail Expert and Content Strategist. She writes about trends, tips, and other cool things that enable retailers to increase sales, serve customers better, and be more awesome overall. She's also the author of Retail Survival of the Fittest, a free eBook to help retailers future-proof their stores. Connect with her on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Google+.