Hello and welcome to our latest retail roundup! This week we have articles on Amazon’s Prime Day, ecommerce metrics, EMV, and more.
1. The 5 most important e-commerce success metrics – As a retailer running an online store, you likely have tons of tasks and things craving for your attention, and it can be difficult to sift through all the noise and stay on top of what truly matters in your business. That’s why it’s so important to have a handle on the key metrics of your online store and work to optimize them. In this post, Ben Feldman of Affirm sheds light on some of those metrics and offers advice on how to improve. Check it out.
2. Retailers get “Primed” for the next wave of ecommerce wars – Amazon’s move to hold its own shopping event called “Prime Day” on July 15 made tons of waves in the retail space and pushed retailers to come up with ways to compete. In this article, Chris Petersen talks about how other retailers have responded to Prime Day and shares some predictions on the outcomes of the event. Definitely worth a read.
3. 5 technologies to improve your small shop sales — for under $500 / month – Who says technology has to be pricey? In this article, Natalie Aitken shares five tech solutions that SMBs can implement for under 500 bucks a month. If you’re looking to be more forward-thinking with your operations, but don’t want to break the bank while you’re at it, this post is a must-read.
4. 5 ways to help your SMB customers see past the cost of EMV solutions – Grappling with costs of getting on board with EMV? This post offers some great insights on how retailers can get past the expenses of making the switch. Give it a read, and if you haven’t done so yet, start reading up on EMV and figure out how to implement the technology in your business. You may find that doing so isn’t as difficult or expensive as you fear.
5. 6 futuristic retail displays that will change your idea of ‘e-commerce’ – Here’s a great roundup of innovative retail displays that have grabbed people’s attention. From interactive, touch-screen windows and virtual fitting room displays, to personal assistants and immersive screens, this list offers a nice peek of what’s in-store for retail displays in the near future.
About Francesca Nicasio
Francesca Nicasio is Vend's Retail Expert and Content Strategist. She writes about trends, tips, and other cool things that enable retailers to increase sales, serve customers better, and be more awesome overall. She's also the author of Retail Survival of the Fittest, a free eBook to help retailers future-proof their stores. Connect with her on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Google+.