Today we’re launching a new series called This Week in Retail—a compilation of the best news articles and blog posts in the retail industry.
We know you’re super busy and you may not have time to scan the headlines or the blogosphere, so we’ve done it for you. Below you’ll find 5 must-read news articles about retail and actionable content that can help make your store more awesome.
1. How to prevent becoming the next Target—Think you’re “too small” or aren’t worth the time of hackers? Think again—70% of business cyber attacks occur against small businesses. Fortunately, there are ways to prevent this from happening to you. Learn more in this article.
2. Four mobile design tips for brick-and-mortar retailers—This post contains highly actionable tips (+ screenshots!) to help brick-and-mortar retailers create mobile websites or apps that kick butt. Even if you already have a mobile site, it’s still worth reading.
3. Macy’s customers will soon be able to buy online and pick up in stores—This week, Macy’s made an interesting announcement: It will roll out a “buy online, pick up in store” program to make shopping more convenient. We think it’s a testament to how important omnichannel retailing is, and if you have a bricks-and-clicks type of business, you may want to follow suit.
4. Retailers embracing new methods of “omnichannel recruiting” —Speaking of omnichannel, the concept doesn’t just apply to sales—you can use it in recruitment as well. This article points out how retailers are using various channels to find and hire people. Check it out if you’re looking to recruit new staff for your store.
5. Five reasons retailers should be excited about beacons—We talked about beacons quite a bit in previous posts, but we just can’t get enough. Why? Because they can seriously transform how you serve and market to customers while they’re in your store. Check out this post and learn why you too should get excited about beacons.
What did you think of these articles? Got any more exciting retail news to share? Comment below and let us know.
About Francesca Nicasio
Francesca Nicasio is Vend's Retail Expert and Content Strategist. She writes about trends, tips, and other cool things that enable retailers to increase sales, serve customers better, and be more awesome overall. She's also the author of Retail Survival of the Fittest, a free eBook to help retailers future-proof their stores. Connect with her on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Google+.