The holiday season is drawing nearer! Are you ready for the upcoming sales frenzies? Check out our 9 top tips to get you prepared — Prepping for Christmas: 9 Things You Should Do Right Now to Ensure a Successful Holiday Season.
Perform inventory counts in Vend with iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad — Introducing Scanner by Vend — our free barcode scanning app that makes inventory counts a breeze! The app — previously known as Counter — integrates seamlessly with Vend, letting you perform on-the-go counts using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. No additional hardware required.
Counts, product details and stock levels directly sync between Scanner and Vend POS, helping you save time and reduce errors when performing inventory counts. Find out more.
Changes to the Home Dashboard — we’ve made more updates to the Home Dashboard, which include:
- Retail Metrics: view your Retail Dashboard metrics right from the Home Dashboard, and customize which graphs appear.
- Top Sales People: if you have Advanced Reporting, you now have access to a graph of your top sales people on your Home Dashboard.
- Top Products Sold: this graph has been updated with a fresh new look, with the added ability to view top products sold by revenue, in addition to quantity sold.
Please note: The Home Dashboard aligns with the role permissions you’ve set in Vend. Your staff will only be allowed to see metrics you currently allow them to view in Vend.
Minor Sell screen changes — we’ve made some minor changes to receipts and the look of Vend’s Sell screen:
- Sell screen adjustments: products with lengthy names will now wrap nicely in a line item at the point of sale, instead of being truncated with “…”. We’ve also enlarged some fonts to make the sales process clearer at checkout.
- Receipt changes: printed receipts have had minor font changes for added clarity. We’ve also enlarged and improved the look of email receipts!
- Customer groups: when adding a customer to a sale in Vend, the customer will now be labelled with the Customer Group they belong to.
Coming soon: Vend Register iOS version 2.5.14 — we’re soon releasing iOS version 2.5.14 of the Vend Register app, which will enhance the speed of sales syncing time. For retailers updating the Vend Register app on older iPads, sync times were being slowed down and affecting sales as a result. With the new update, this will soon be a thing of the past!
Please note: This update will change sales with Vend Register in offline mode. You’ll no longer have access to Sales History (to process returns, laybys, etc.) while offline. Sales made in offline mode will still sync to Vend when you return to an internet connection.
About Ashley Gilgrist
Ashley looks after product marketing at Vend — working hard to bring exciting product launches to retailers around the globe. When she’s not busy talking all-things-Vend, Ashley also has a love of tea, candle-crafting, binge-watching, and hiking the pointy peaks of New Zealand.