Vend Responsible Disclosure Policy
We take the security of our systems seriously, and we value the security community. The responsible disclosure of security vulnerabilities helps us ensure the security and privacy of our users.
We require that all researchers:
- Make every effort to avoid privacy violations, degradation of user experience, disruption to production systems, and destruction of data during security testing;
- Perform research only within the scope set out below;
- Use the identified communication channels to report vulnerability information to us; and
- Keep information about any vulnerabilities you’ve discovered confidential between yourself and Vend until we’ve had 90 days to resolve the issue.
- Understand that Vend does not offer any bounties (financial or otherwise) for bug reports. We may, at our discretion send a small token of our gratitude for some reports.
If you follow these guidelines when reporting an issue to us, we commit to:
- Not pursue or support any legal action related to your research;
- Work with you to understand and resolve the issue quickly (including an initial confirmation of your report within 72 hours of submission);
- Recognize your contribution on our Security Researcher Hall of Fame, if you are the first to report the issue and we make a code or configuration change based on the issue.
- https://www.vendhq.com (Our corporate site)
- https://<yourteststore>.vendhq.com *
- https://<yourteststore>.vendecommerce.com *
* where <yourteststore> is your assigned subdomain for the store you have registered when you created your account.
Any services hosted by 3rd party providers and services are excluded from scope.
In the interest of the safety of our users, staff, the Internet at large and you as a security researcher, the following test types are excluded from scope:
- Findings from physical testing such as office access (e.g. open doors, tailgating)
- Findings derived primarily from social engineering (e.g. phishing, vishing)
- Findings from applications or systems not listed in the ‘Scope’ section
- UI and UX bugs and spelling mistakes
- Network level Denial of Service (DoS/DDoS) vulnerabilities
- The use of scanners or automated tools to find vulnerabilities. They’re noisy and we may suspend your Vend account and ban your IP address.
Things we do not want to receive:
- Personally identifiable information (PII)
- Credit card holder data
How to report a security vulnerability?
If you believe you’ve found a security vulnerability in one of our products or platforms please send it to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you'd like to encrypt the information, please use our Security Team’s PGP key (ID: C28FD13B, Fingerprint:: 29E4: 33A1: 298D: 21CD: 6797: 4927: 1BDD: 0FFF: C28F: D13B).
Please include the following details with your report:
- Description of the location and potential impact of the vulnerability;
- A detailed description of the steps required to reproduce the vulnerability (POC scripts, screenshots, and compressed screen captures are all helpful to us); and
- Your name/handle for recognition in our Hall of Fame.