Vend is back with another issue of This Week in Retail! For this post, we’re putting the spotlight on important store issues including how to avoid drama, how to make the most of slow retail days, and how to create an awesome loyalty program. We’re also looking into the biggest trends in the industry to give you glimpse of where retail is heading.
1. How to create a drama free store – Staff drama decreases productivity and lowers morale. If you’re dealing with drama in your store, this post is a must-read. It offers some practical guidelines on how to avoid drama so you can create an open and positive store environment.
2. Simple ways to kill time on slow days – Slow day in the store? Instead of twiddling your thumbs, make the most of your downtime with these tips. Nicole Reyhle over at Retail Minded shares 10 action steps that can get you through those slow days and prepare you for when things pick up again.
3. How rewards are running loyalty programs into the ground – Did you know that 77% of loyalty programs that focus on awards alone fail within two years? Don’t let that happen to your rewards program. In this article you will learn how to create a loyalty program that brings about *genuine* loyalty from shoppers. Pete Maulik offers tips and real-life examples of how to make those programs work for you and your customers.
4. Infographic: Mobile payment trends – This isn’t the first time that we’ve talked about mobile payments and it certainly won’t be the last. With m-payment transactions set to reach 28.9 billion this year, retailers need to pay attention and see how they can grab a piece of the lucrative mobile pie. This infographic provides an overview of the state of mobile payments and can offer some perspective on just how big this trend is.
5. 10 trends that will change the way you shop in 2014 – Speaking of big trends, here’s an informative retail predictions post that provides quick, easy-to-understand descriptions of current and burgeoning trends that are shaping people’s shopping habits. Read through it and see if your store is all caught up.
PS: Can’t get enough of retail trends? Click here to check out Vend’s Retail Trends and Predictions post for 2014.
About Francesca Nicasio
Francesca Nicasio is Vend's Retail Expert and Content Strategist. She writes about trends, tips, and other cool things that enable retailers to increase sales, serve customers better, and be more awesome overall. She's also the author of Retail Survival of the Fittest, a free eBook to help retailers future-proof their stores. Connect with her on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Google+.