The fourth installment of our This Week in Retail series gives you a glimpse of what lies ahead for the retail industry and what you can do to ensure your store’s future is bright.
1. Five top trends from PSFK’s Future of Retail 2014 – This post gives a quick overview of the top retail trends that are making waves in the industry, as well as examples of how other retailers are putting these trends into action. It’s a great source for information and ideas that you can apply in your store.
2. 7 Strategies for leveraging in-store beacons – In this piece, 7 in-store marketing experts share their top strategies on how retailers can effectively leverage beacons. What we love about this article is that it has specific insights and offers different perspectives about the technology. Be sure to bookmark this post if you’re using (or are planning to use) beacons.
3. Four quick and effective omnichannel strategies you should implement now – A lot of retailers already know that they need an omnichannel strategy, but most aren’t sure how to do it. In this article Tzvi Balbin discusses 4 simple steps you can take to get the ball rolling on your ominchannel efforts.
4. Retailers turn to mobile apps to drive up sales – This article looks into what retailers are doing to convert browsing mobile users into customers. It also shares some compelling data about mobile and how consumers are actually using their smartphones and tablets.
5. Six questions to get actionable feedback from customers – Having trouble getting practical feedback from shoppers? It could be because you’re asking the wrong questions. In this post, you’ll learn how to approach customers for feedback and what specific questions to ask to make sure that you get insights you can actually use.
About Francesca Nicasio
Francesca Nicasio is Vend's Retail Expert and Content Strategist. She writes about trends, tips, and other cool things that enable retailers to increase sales, serve customers better, and be more awesome overall. She's also the author of Retail Survival of the Fittest, a free eBook to help retailers future-proof their stores. Connect with her on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Google+.