Howdy and welcome to another issue of This Week in Retail! In this post, you’ll learn about the spending habits of millennials, the future of brick-and-mortar stores, the technologies that are shaping retail, and more.
1. How millennials spend money – If your business caters to millennials, then this post is worth a read. Michael L. Diamond and Kala Kachmar take a closer look at the path to purchase of millennials and they offer up some excellent insights into their spending habits. Check it out.
2. 11 perspectives on the future of brick-and-mortar retail stores – Eleven retail experts weighed in on the future of physical retail, and guess what? Most of them don’t see brick-and-mortar stores going away anytime soon. Read the rest of the post to view their comments, predictions, and recommendations on what merchants should do to thrive in the future.
3. An inspired vision of the top 10 retail technologies for 2015 – Interested in the retail technologies that are making waves in 2015? Check out this recent post by Tony D’Onofrio. Here he talks about the 25th Annual Retail Technology Study by RIS, and shares his thoughts on the types of technologies shaping the retail landscape.
4. PCI compliance is just one piece of the puzzle – When it comes to protecting customer data and payment information, PCI compliance is just one aspect of defense, writes Michael English on BSMInfo.com. In this insightful piece, he talks about the three other technologies merchants can deploy in order to further protect card data. View his post to learn more about these technologies and how you can apply them in your business.
5. The quiet “shame” of retail – do you know what it is?? – Non-compliance to store standards is, according to retail influencer Kevin Graff, the quiet shame of retail. When he asks retailers to rate their compliance standards on a scale of 1-10, he says that merchants usually give themselves a 6 or 7. Kevin urges retailers to changes this, and points out the costs of non-compliance, including stress and lost sales, among others. Read the rest of his post to learn more.
About Francesca Nicasio
Francesca Nicasio is Vend's Retail Expert and Content Strategist. She writes about trends, tips, and other cool things that enable retailers to increase sales, serve customers better, and be more awesome overall. She's also the author of Retail Survival of the Fittest, a free eBook to help retailers future-proof their stores. Connect with her on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Google+.